Sunday, November 25, 2007

Mechanic Apprentice How Many Hours

Fighting their anxieties (Fighting Against your anxiety)

Today, for the first time since I was in New York, I experienced a feeling of "danger." I was on the subway when I go to a station two men in traditional Arab clothes.
I'm ashamed to admit it, but at that moment, perhaps because the tiredness, the way they talked (quickly and with short sentences) put me in the head on the ridiculous (and racist, in the final analysis) worm that could be terrorists or something. Rationally I thought that a terrorist makes it difficult to recognize as such, and that I should be really unlucky to be on the train and the wagon that was avvendendo the massacre. On the other hand, felt a kind of sixth sense tell me that I had to get off the train before the busy (and, therefore, crucial from the perspective of a bomber) Union Square station, where I was heading.
However, the 'man of science, "and I do not think the sixth sense. Never. So, even with the palpitations, I was ordered not to go down if not in Union Square, because that was my destination.
And of course, nothing happened. This connects me
other incidents that have occurred to me recently, and more. For example, in recent months I have had several times the urge to buy tickets for the scratch-off win, gambling legalized in the Italian Republic, with the feeling that I won something, other times I wanted to play the Lotto numbers dreamed , again for an impalpable foreboding.
Each time, I should refuse to believe it, and will not play.
And frankly I think I have saved a lot 'of money. (Well, for Superenalotto am sure, given that the numbers have never come out!)

I decided to write this piece because I'm sick of how the world of information (at least the Italian one, not I know the others) fills us with myths about foreboding, mysterious coincidences, and other nonsense (like: a man who dies in an accident while going to work for the last day before retirement, and so on). A bit 'of rationality, please.

0 comments:

Post a Comment